- ISBN: 9780307596888 (hardcover) :
- ISBN: 0307596885 (hardcover) :
- Description: 319 p. ; 22 cm.
- Edition: 1st U.S. ed.
- Publisher: New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 2012.
- 19 of 26 copies available at NOBLE (All Libraries). (Show all copies)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Northern Essex Community College.
0 current holds with 26 total copies.
|Library||Location||Call Number||Status||Due Date|
|Northern Essex - Haverhill Campus||Stacks||PR9199.3.M8 D43 2012 (Text to Phone)||Available||-|
|General Note:|| "This is a Borzoi book."
|Contents Note:|| To reach Japan -- Amundsen -- Leaving Maverley -- Gravel -- Haven -- Pride -- Corrie -- Train -- In sight of the lake -- Dolly -- The eye -- Night -- Voices -- Dear life.
|Summary:|| This collection of stories illuminates moments that shape a life, from a dream or a sexual act to simple twists of fate that turn a person out of his or her accustomed path and into another way of being. Set in the countryside and towns of Lake Huron, (Michigan and Ontarion) these stories about departures and beginnings, accidents, dangers, and homecomings both virtual and real, paint a portrait of how strange, dangerous, and extraordinary life can be.
Search for related items by subject
Huron, Lake (Mich. and Ont.) > Fiction.